On-Site Generated Electrolyzed Water & Water Treatment

Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water can replace quaternary ammonium (Quats), chlorine bleach, and peroxide based sanitizers for cleaning zoos.

Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water is safe for animals and can help maintain a clean and sanitized living environment, including being dosed into swimming pools for zoo animals.

Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water is stable in solution and can be applied broadly with pressure sprayers.

Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water is natural and eco-friendly. It is generated from table salt, water, and electricity.

On-Site and On-Demand

ECOLOXTECH systems are compact and easy to install. Systems are designed to generate Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water on-site and on-demand from an additive made yourself with just table salt and water.

What is Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water?

Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water is electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a neutral-to-acidic electrolyzed water. HOCl has been studied for over 100 years and it is an undeniable fact that it is a more powerful oxidant than chlorine bleach.

Only within the last 30 years have we been able to generate solutions of near 100% HOCl in such a stable form. HOCl kills bacteria, bacterial spores, and viruses 100 times more effectively than chlorine bleach.


How does it work?

Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water is a powerful oxidant (800 to 1000 mV) that can kill microbial pathogens immediately upon contact by damaging cell walls or inactivate the pathogen by entering and disrupting proteins, lipids, and DNA.

Has it been researched?

In the last 30 years we have collected over 300 published research articles supporting the use of Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water. Nearly every common bacterial pathogen has been studied such as E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Vibrio, Staphylococcus, MRSA, spore forming bacteria, and many common viruses (including Norovirus) and fungi. To learn more please visit our research page and search by microbe or industry to find applicable research.

What about regulation from FDA, USDA, and EPA?

We have pages dedicated to the regulation of electrolyzed water as it pertains to the FDA, USDA, and EPA. Please visit our pages for more information. In regards to healthcare sanitation, see our page for the CDC.


Zoo Sanitation

Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water (EOW) is safe, non-toxic, and eco-friendly. It can replace all chemical sanitizers used in zoos. It is a powerful oxidant that can elminate microbial pathogens but eventually converts back to is natural form which is just water and salt. EOW is safe on animals as it is non-irritant and gentle on skin and eyes. It is the ideal sanitizer for replacing chlorine bleach and can effectively sanitize living environments for zoo animals.


Employee Safety

EOW is generated on-site and on-demand. The only ingredients needed are salt, water, and electricity. Concentrated chemicals require purchasing, transporting, storing, and preparation. Preparation of toxic concentrated chemicals can be a safety hazard for employees as they are respiratory and skin irritants. EOW is 100% safe for employees. It does not require any special handling. It is non-irritant and does not require gloves or masks.

Application using Spraying, Misting, and Fogging,

EOW can be applied using many different methods. Pressure sprayers can be used to sanitize equipment and hard surfaces. Large spaces can be sanitized and deodorized using misting and fogging.


    Effective Against Microbial Pathogens

    EOW is an ideal alternative to chlorine bleach, quatenary ammoniums (Quats), and peroxide based chemicals. Not only is electrolyzed sanitation water safe and all-natural, but it is more effective than the chemicals currently being used.




        • 100 times more biocidal than chlorine bleach
        • Effective against most G+ and G- bacteria
        • Effective against VRE, MRSA, and MRSE
        • Effective against Mycobacterium tuberculosis
        • Effective against HIV, HBV, HCV, and CMV
        • No high temperatures are necessary
        • Most effective between 50-86 ºF (10-30 ºC)
        • Does not cause irritation, safe on eyes and skin
        • No protective gear is required